Monday, February 11, 2008

We Are The Blog; Resistance Is Futile!

THIS DIDN'T GET POSTED ON MONDAY. HOWEVER, IT REMAINED IN MY "DRAFTS" LIST. SO HERE IT IS. BETTER NEVER THAN LATE? NO, THAT'S NOT IT. BETTER LATE THAN NEVER? MAYBE.

Monday, 11 Feb 2008 - it was a cold night, down into the
single digits, and promises not to get much above 20ºF today.

Well, this is my new blog. I couldn't decide what the title
of this entry should be until the Star Trek:TNG reference
occurred to me: "We Are The Blog; Resistance Is Futile!"

OK, it's a stretch, but whaddya expect for a Monday morning?

I dunno, is a blog something I need to do? Seems a lot
of folks are doing it, and it's really easy to set up thanks
to sites like blogspot.com.

An awful lot of e-mail teeters on the precipice of SPAM.

I guess it's a place where one can ramble on aimlessly
or rant pointlessly (both of which I tend to do in e-mails)
but in a forum where access is random and optional rather
than shoved at you like e-Mail. e-Mail tends to not be visible
to those except those upon whom you choose to inflict it...
Whereas a blog lets you blather on...and readers can choose
to scan it or not.

If you send them an e-Mail they tend to wade through it,
just in case once you've vented whatever concludes there's
something relevant and interesting.

So generally, I guess my conclusion (finally!?!) is that blog
and e-mail are a powerful combination. You can save the
rambling nonsense for the blog and keep your emails concise
and to-the-point.

Sort of a SPAM buffet.

Cheers,
...Bob

No comments: